The Twin Powers Website
Terms and Conditions of Use
The term ‘The Twin Powers’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The company is registered in the Province of Alberta Canada and the registration number is TN15773799. The term ‘you’ refers to the member, user or viewer of our website.
General Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada.
Valid Email Accounts
- Email addresses must be valid. Any accounts that are linked to invalid email addresses will be disabled and/or deleted.
- User account names and User ID's must be legible and reasonable. Including things like swear words, web addresses or unprintable characters are not permitted. Using them will result in the user account being disabled and an email will be sent to the address given explaining this. Depending on the response to the email a decision will be made as to whether the account can remain as is, be renamed or deleted.
This website and its content is copyright of Allan Beveridge - © Allan Beveridge (year of copyright varies dependent on the content). All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is strictly prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may allow others to read printed copies but you may not copy the content to share with individual third parties without the express written permission of ‘The Twin Powers’.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
‘The Twin Powers’ is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
‘The Twin Powers’ may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 1, 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information as part on members:
- your name or the name of your organizaton
- contact information such as email address or phone/cell numbers
At this time we do not keep any of the following information on members or site visitors:
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- personal information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our site offerings and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information related to ‘The Twin Powers’ which we think you may find interesting. Any information you do share will be for the express use of ‘The Twin Powers, and we will not share, sell or grant access to this information to any third party vendors, companies or individuals.
- From time to time, we may also use your email to contact you for research purposes. Examples of this would be to find out from members and site users what content or features may be of interest to them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file will be created when you create a log in to the site and select "Remember Me", which places the cookie on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual; however, at this time we do not track this information. Should this change all members will be informed as to what information we will track and why, and be given the opportunity to comment about their concerns prior to it being implemented.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will not prevent you from taking full advantage of the website; however, the Remember Me feature will not work if you do not accept cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if and when you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will have the right to decline to share the informaton, and any information we do keep will not be used by anybody for any purpose outside of those listed in these Terms and Conditions.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will also not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time, which we can make available to you either in writing or through email or other electronic means. There will be no charges to send this information to you at this time, should this change a notice will be posted to that effect.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email site administration us as soon as possible, as listed in Contact Us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last Updated January 17, 2018